Friday, December 5, 2008

Mom's Sugar Cookies


I have been making these cookies for as long as I can remember. In particular, I can remember dipping the glass in sugar and smashing the cookie dough along side my mom and older sisters. At Christmas, we would add red and green sprinkles. My family has always liked to store and eat these cookies straight from the freezer. They have a great lemon flavor, which makes them different from a traditional sugar cookie. This is one of my personal favorites.

Mom's Sugar Cookies

Ingredients
2 eggs - beaten with a fork
2/3 C. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon flavor extract
3/4 C. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Instructions
Mix together first five ingredients. Sift together flour, powder, and salt. Add to the sugar mixture.

Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of greased glass dipped in sugar.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until a they just start to turn a light golden brown on the edges.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Recipe Credit: Nancy Smith

1 comment:

Allison said...

I can never get the size to come out right...they are OK..but not perfect!! that hump in the middle has to be just right...lol.. Can you make me some perfect ones...;-)